The Unbound Book Festival is completely free to the public to attend. It was important to us that absolutely everyone could attend the festival - this is an event for the whole community. We're proud to have accomplished that, but since we make no money from ticket sales, we have to work extra hard to raise money to bring all of our wonderful writers to Columbia each year.
That's why we're asking for your help.
We’re asking friends of the Unbound Book Festival to help us out hosting a fundraising party. It can be any kind of get together you like – a cocktail do, a tailgate, a dinner party, or a barbecue – whatever works best for you. If you can set a bookish theme, so much the better, but the main thing is that it should be fun. We’ll provide you with unique Unbound gifts for your guests; you provide the food and drink. All we ask is that you (very nicely) suggest a minimum donation to Unbound from each guest, and that you hold your event prior to March 1, 2017.
What you will receive:
- Some unique door prizes (signed books, etc.)
- Giveaways for all your guests (Unbound pens, notebooks, bookmarks, etc.)
- At your option, a visit from Unbound Director, Alex George, who will talk a little about 2017’s event and disclose the (presently secret!) identity of this year’s keynote speaker
- Two tickets to the VIP reception on April 21, 2017 prior to the opening night event
- Recognition in this year’s festival program
- Our unending gratitude
What we ask from you:
- Please complete and submit this form. We won’t hold you to the details but it’s helpful for us to keep track of things, and it will allow us to deliver your party items in good time.
- It’s up to you to decide what the minimum contribution should be for your guests, although $100 per guest is a suggested guideline. We do ask that you ask everyone to bring their checkbooks to the event and that you collect donations before people leave.
- Please have all checks made out to “The Unbound Book Festival.”
- Please take some photographs so we can share them online.
- Please spread the word about Unbound!
A few suggestions for how to make your party a success:
- It’s fun to do book-themed events, whether limerick competitions, literary quizzes, or party games like Charades with book titles. Let your imagination fly!
- Menus planned around a particular book are very popular.
- Literary-themed drinks are also a thing. There’s a great book called Tequila Mockingbird which has many suggestions for delicious cocktails (complete with terrible puns).
- If you need more help or inspiration, please write to the address below and ask. We have lots of ideas!
If you have any questions, please shoot us an email at email@example.com. And thanks again!
The Unbound Team