The Unbound Book Festival and Compass Flower Press
Literary Anthology Call for Entries
$1,000 Winning Entry!
Boundless, an Anthology
Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction; No Poetry
Literary Anthology/Contest Guidelines
Deadline November 30, 2017.
Publication date: April 2018 under the Compass Flower Press imprint. Final cover may be different from working copy shown. Book will be available through online booksellers, and at the 2018 Unbound Book Festival. Proceeds will be donated to the Unbound Book Festival.
Working title/theme: Boundless. Examples of boundless: The limitless nature of our lives and relationships, an uncontained joy or profound emotion as a result of a life event, an unpredictable outcome to happenstance. These are broad examples, your imagination is the limit!
Simultaneous submissions allowed—please inform on entry form and give immediate notification if accepted elsewhere. Fiction and creative nonfiction submissions are read and evaluated anonymously; submission does not guarantee acceptance; acceptances that make the final cut are forwarded to independent judges for possible winning entry prize. Each published contributor receives a free copy of the anthology.
No entry fees. Compass Flower Press and AKA-Publishing are imprints of the independent and self-supporting publisher, AKA:yola, LLC. Website: AKA-Publishing.com. Proceeds will be benefit the Unbound Book Festival.
Fiction or creative non-fiction: 3,000 word limit per entry; sections from larger works accepted. No previously published work.
LIMIT TWO SUBMISSIONS • Electronic submissions only.
Entries will be read and judged anonymously. Each submission should be prepared as follows:
• Cover sheet with title of work, author name, address, phone, and email.
• Manuscript with header or footer, and title of work and page numbers on each page.
• Entries must be double spaced, 12 pt. Times or Times New Roman
• Completed submission form with each entry.
• First page of submission (electronic or mailed) should contain title of work, author name, address, phone, and email only, followed by your manuscript beginning on the next page with title and page number in headers on remainder of manuscript. Please include author information only on first page. Submission form must accompany each entry. Each entry must be emailed separately.
• Manuscript (a separate submission form and file for each separate work) as attachment to an email with “Unbound Book Festival Anthology Submission” as the subject line. File types accepted are: RTF, DOC, or DOCX.
All submissions will receive an emailed confirmation of receipt.
DEADLINE: Postmarked no later than November 30, 2017.
email to: email@example.com
Prize winner and entries selected for publication will be notified and posted on UnboundBookFestival.com & CompassFlowerPress.com